Thursday 13 March 2014

Fudgy brownies





I remember my BFF taking me to this only brownie joint in Colaba Mumbai & the grey hair graceful lady supervising everything around. The brownies in that place were to die for. Atleast 20 different kinds.. wow that place sure was heaven on earth.Just cant recollect the name of the joint infact the following year when i took my husband along i just couldn't find that place. Made my hubby walk the whole of Colaba Causeway atleast twice.. but no joy !!






For the past two days infact ever since the week has begun, i have been craving those lip smacking brownies and Mumbai in general. So its gonna be a mumbaish day fr me, making pav bhaji(Indian name for the usual bread with mix vegetable stew)  for lunch & the brownies i just baked.


i remember i would visit my BFF at a drop of a hat or atleast call her every time me & my husband would have a tiff over the smallest of things & say Maithili i m coming to colaba I am carrying no money & no clothes & she would say OK just carry an umbrella along its raining heavy in Mumbai, knowing very well that i would make up with my hubby & call in the evening saying that i am not. Wow 5 years back seem so long ago.




 Anyways getting back to my version of fudgy chocolate brownies, infact when i just stared baking any chocolate cake which didn't turn out well  i called it brownies (ignorant that i was) but over the years i have developed my very own recipe. Which is well appreciated by many.

Preparation Time -10  mins
Baking time - 30 mins
Makes - 12 pieces


Ingredients
  • 3/4th cup - Demerara Sugar
  • 04 eggs - Usual size not too big
  • 01 tsp - Vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups - Refined flour  
  • 1/2 tsp - salt
  • 1/2 cup - Semi sweet choco chips
  • 1/2 cup - Butter unsalted
  • 2-3 tbsp - milk to make it more moist
Method
  1. Pre heat the oven at 180 for 10mins
  2. Sift the dry ingredients & keep aside
  3.  In a large bowl cream sugar,egg & butter together till Sugar dissolves & fluffy.
  4. Now add the dry ingredients spoon by into the batter.
  5. Make sure you dont beat it to much after add the flour. Use cut & fold method
  6. The batter should look like a creamy chocolate mousse.(For your reference)
  7. Add the choco chips into the batter.
  8. Bake for 30-35mins, till  a knife comes out clean from the center of the cake.
  9. On a wire rack cool and cut into 4"-4" squares.
  10. Dust Icing sugar on the brownies & serve.

i got over my craving for the brownies i hope you too do. If i may share the one i just bake has been one of my bests. Super yum!!!







4 comments:

  1. Also try adding some ground nutrien maha lacto .... it comes out more gooey !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow will surely try it :) thanks for the tip !!

      Delete
  2. Wow...i m tryin this recipe now:)

    ReplyDelete