Friday 4 April 2014

Chilled coffee mousse cake







Yesterday we had some of our most favorite people over for dinner and I just didn't want to do the regular dessert. So I went through some of the Indian celebrity chefs recipe books and decided to do this cake . It was the first time I was doing this mouse cake and I know it is a bad idea to experiment when you have your dear ones over. But I didn't have an option as most my my desserts, cakes & pudding include eggs in it & because it's a religious week here in India (9 days of no non veg ) I had to make a item without eggs.



Oh btw I forgot to mention that I have this very peculiar problem with me.... I can't read a recipe and go ahead with it, I need someone to read it out for me. Funny ya !!!! But that's how it is.




Anyway getting back to this cake... I was really very unsure if it would come out right but voila it was a hit. Not sure if everyone loved it but all the boys in the house freaked out on it. Infact I had friends who wanted me to pack it up for them. And that's sure a compliment.( though my hubby didn't relish it as much, remember he doesn't have a sweet tooth )




Pre time - 25 mins 
Setting time - 6-8 hrs
No eggs 

Ingredients 

  • 03 Cups - Milk
  • 03 tbsp - Instant coffee powder
  • 02 tsp - China grass
  • 3/4 th Cup - Sugar
  • 02 tbsp - Cornflour
  • 1/2 Cup - Fresh cream
  • Chocolate sponge cake crumble ( According to how thick you want your base)
Method
  1. Press the chocolate cake crumbles on to a loose bottom cake/pie tin.
  2. Keep aside one cup milk mixed with cornflour & boil rest in a deep set pan with coffee powder over medium flame. Mix the cornflour mixture to rest of the milk, cook till it thickens. Remove from heat. 
  3. Dissolve Chinagrass in warm water and pour it over the milk mixture.
  4. Add the sugar. mix well till sugar dissolves & mixture cools.
  5. Pour it over the prepared cake base & chill till it sets.
  6. Unmould the tin and spread fresh cream (slightly whipped) over thr set mousse.
  7. You may also dust coco powder over the mousse.
  8. Serve chilled.




Oh btw... guys you have to see the video of this Bollywood number called "Hangama Ho gaya" of the movie "Queen" The dance is crazy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment