Saturday 19 April 2014

Orange Pound Cake


Aahh.. What a evening it is, as I sip my "cutting chai"(a Bombay terminology used for tea served in a small glass) and bit into this juicy orange cake !!! what perfect combination. And specially after a crazy swimming session. As I geared up to bake today I realized that my oven has packed up completely (all it does is warms up food)Super duper sad day for me, it's like i am handicapped now . But never the less I have my super efficient convection microwave to my rescue. It's hard to believe that it works as brilliantly as an oven.




So, before I dispose off the present oven and get a new one, all my baking would be in my microwave. I do not guarantee the end result but I will try & post only light or no baking till than. 
I remember when I actually started baking I used to do all my baking in my microwave. The only problem that I face is the top crust of my cakes often becomes harder though perfectly edible. 




It's a simple tea time cake that can be enjoyed equally with tea, coffee or even hot chocolate. It's a dry cake so can be stored up to a week if refrigerated.




Serves - 9" cake tin
Prep time - 15 mins
Bake time - 20 mins 
Temp - 180 degrees 


Ingredients 


  • 02 cups - Refined flour
  • 1 1/2 cups - Granulated sugar 
  • 01tspn - Orange zest 
  • 01 cup - Orange juice ( I used Tropicana tetra pack)
  • 04 medium size - Eggs
  • 100 grms - Unsalted butter
  • 02 tspn - Baking powder
  • 01 tspn - vanilla essence 
  • Icing sugar for dusting on top.


Method 


  1. In a mixing bowl, mix flour & baking powder and keep aside
  2. Beat eggs along with sugar till soft peaks form with an electric beater.
  3. Now add orange zest to the egg mixture and beat again.
  4. Spoon by spoon add the flour alternating it with orange juice & vanilla essence.
  5. Melt butter in micro for 30 sec and pour it along. Make sure that beginning & ending should be with flour.
  6. Pour the batter into a 9" cake tin & bake for about 40-45 mins at 180 degrees.
  7. Cool on a cooling tray. Dust icing sugar once completely cooled. 




No comments:

Post a Comment