Friday 2 May 2014

Eggless Doughnuts





Phew a super duper busy bee day... Yes, right from breakfast till dinner, total fun packed, thrilling day.. Never knew I could do sooooooo many things in just 24 hrs. Just when I was was doing my daily chaos oat home I got a frantic call from my friend "S 1"saying I needed to be at her place immediately, only to find a silly reason to it ( it's so silly that can't even mention it on my blog) anyway now that I was at her home &  had to make these doughnuts too....I decided that I would get all my ingredients along with my Nikon D60 so that with out wasting time I could make the doughnuts & clicked pictures while we chit chatted & had lunch... Hummmm those yummy Alloo parantha's (Indian flat bread stuffed with mashed potato's & seasonings) What do two girls do when they are together ???? What else but go out shopping .... Quickly I finished off making these doughnuts & by 4 pm we headed out after picking up another friend "S2".(the city is about 30 KM away from where we live). Oh btw in Hyderabad we spotted the first Rimmel store..totally freaked out on it, more than me it was my fashion blogger friend "S2" check out her blog too. Earlier we always had to order it through this website called Nykaa  Picked up few more random things. Got food parcel for our respective hubby's binged on it on a weekday. It's 1 am & finally after more than 18 hours I am at peace. Phew !!!!


Back to the doughnuts, I did two versions on it. One being the regular chocolate dipped & second is sugar & cinnamon coated. Doughnuts really ain't a rocket science,you could simply top it with any toppings of your choice. I chose the simplest ones to start with.


Below is a quick pictorial of the method.


INGREDIENTS 

For the dough

  • 03 cups - All purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 tsp - Instant yeast
  • 1 cup - Milk
  • 1/4 cup - Lukewarm water
  • 2 Tbsp - Butter (i used regular table butter) 
  • 500 ml - Vegetable oil (for frying)

PS -The basic dough is always similar to A bread dough... as my Cheese onion bread but of course minus the topping.

For the Toppings

  • 50 grms - Dark chocolate
  • 30 grms - Powdered cinnamon 
  • 30 grms - Icing sugar
METHOD

  1. Mix 1/4 cup of lukewarm milk add yeast mix and keep aside for 15 mins to ferment.
  2. In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients along with cold butter, give it a nice mix.
  3. Now add the remaining milk to the yeast mixture & pour over the dry ingredients slowly as you knead into a soft dough.
  4. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for about 45 mins in a warm place.
  5. The dough would have raised to double its size, knead it again.
  6. Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out. With a doughnut cutter, cut out doughnuts.
  7. In a wok add oil, and fry the cut outs till golden brown as shown on the above picture.
  8. Mix sugar & cinnamon powder keep aside, melt Chocolate in a double boiler.
  9. Now the two versions of these doughnuts :-
  • Cinnamon rolled - just brush some butter over the doughnut and roll in over the mix. 
  • Choco dip - Dip the doughnut into the melted chocolate for a second and take it out.
  REFRIGERATE  FOR ABOUT 10 MINS , SO THAT THE TOPPING SETS PROPERLY .







2 comments:

  1. ...ahhh..last pic is drool-worthy!!!
    even I can't believe you accomplished all that in 24hrs!!..
    ..and yea...Westside was fun...!!...
    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation Shubha.. We must do it even more often
      Love ya Gal.

      Delete