Monday 2 June 2014

PIE | CARAMEL CHOCOLATE FILLING | DESSERT




Today one of my friends got back form her annual leave of 30 days, and her house was in shambles, so I decided to send her lunch. Sending her typical Punjabi meal and when I am sending food it can not be without a dessert ( my friends say that my forte is desserts but I think it's baking)


I am doing a "Caramel chocolate pie". I don't know the origin but I found all the ingredients in my kitchen so, this is what it's gonna be. Haven't tried this recipe before but I am following three different recipes to compile this one. 


I have not done a dessert for the blog for a while as my hubby does not have a sweet tooth & at the end I end up polishing it off. ( I have been trying to get rid of some 5 odd kilograms for the past two months and it's just not going off !!!!! ) 



Ingredients 

For the base 


  • Butter - 100 grms (chilled)
  • All purpose flour - 1cup

For the filling 


  • Caramel sauce to cover the base( i bought it from the local market)
  • Double whipped cream - 01 cup
  • Dark Chocolate ( cooking) - 1/4th of a slab
  • Gelatin - 01 tsp
  • Warm water - 1/4th cup 

Method


  1. Mix flour & butter together till it starts to look like bread crumbs. Press these crumbs in a loses button pie dish & keep in the refrigerators to chill. Bake for 8 mins and keep aside. 
  2. In a double boiler melt chocolate slab.
  3. Now whip cream in medium speed for about 10 mins or till soft peaks form.
  4. Add the chocolate & cream together and give a a light whisk.
  5. Pour the chocolate cream mix over the pie base which we made in the beginning. keep aside.
  6. In a bowl pour mix gelatin & warm water, wait till it thickens, mix this mixture to the caramel sauce & pour on the top of the pie.
  7. Refrigerate for an hour before serving. Dust coco powder if desired. 
Do drop in your comments & hits 
xx






9 comments:

  1. Super yummmm I dnt eat sweets much n so m nt fond of caramel sauce so any replacement for dt ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha Kiki.. u r a sweetheart. no replacement for the sweet but ya for the caramel u could with white chocolate sauce :)

      Delete
  2. it looks like absolute gooey yummy melt-in-your-mouth goodness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetheart... Lemme if it tasted as good as it looks ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey priyanka it looks so tempting , tell me 1 thg that i hv butterscotch syrup is it same as caramel sauce
    ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are diffrent yet similar... You could use butterstoch as a replacement :)

      Delete